Marc NelsonMarch 31, 2019
- Develops and oversees Economic Development Specialist activities related to business creation, retention, expansion and attraction.
- Works with staff to ensure all activities are completed in a timely, effective and efficient manner ensuring excellent customer service and project management practices.
- Manages departmental activities such as staff recruitment and training, performance evaluations to ensure continuous improvement, and design and implementation of the department budget.
- Serves as liaison to various entrepreneurial and technology-based entities, including Virginia Tech-Carilion and the Roanoke-Blacksburg Technology Council.
- Serves as City Representative for RAMP – Regional Acceleration and Mentoring Program